Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Stupid People
I don't understand why SOME Dr. and nurses just insist that every case is the same and that they know what your kid will eat. I took Mady to the ER this morning at 6 and they said oh she is dehydrated, she needs to drink something. I showed them how I have been trying to get her to drink pedialyte for two days now. She is just laying around all day and night, but not sleeping much. They said oh well here we can give her a pill for nausea. That's great, but what about the fact that she was 13 1/2 pounds at the doctor a month ago and now she is 12 lb 6 oz. I thought babies were supposed to gain weight. This is rediculous. They said well we try not to have to rehydrate babies. What???? Isn't that why people bring in their baby when they are dehydrated. Idiots!!!! There was no one in the ER and they just didn't want to take away from their stupid social time. I heard way more personal info then I ever cared to know about any of the Dr.s or Nurses. They said well lets give her a popsicle. Yeah, that went over real big. She is 9 months old, no teeth, lets give her a cold popsicle. She just screamed and they were like well you need to force her to eat it, so I let it melt, then tried to let the juice drip in her mouth and she just spit it out. Then after she didn't even eat any popsicle they said well she didn't throw that up, so she can go. She didn't have a wet diaper even while we were there. Her eyes are all dark and you can tell she doesn't feel good. her skin on her tummy is all wrinkled too. So...I can't get her to take water, pedialyte, juice, or anything else. I am letting a sprite get flat right now. That is going to be my next attempt. This is so annoying. This is one downfall of leaving Fresno. You have a great children's hospital right there. Here you have to go to stupid places like Desert Valley where they don't even want to take the time to help your kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow- really? Seriously?! Argh. That makes ME mad just reading it. Dave has been to children's a few times due to dehydration and they waste NO time. In fact, two doctors have told me that dehydration is in some ways like starvation--after having low levels for so long you don't WANT to eat or drink. So they HAVE to give you IVs to rehydrate you to break the cycle, and then after that most people will want to drink again. Every time we took Dave they'd IV him for a while and then if he'd drink something on his own he could go home, proving they had broken the cycle. Why would they even say they "try not to rehydrate babies" Like you took your daughter to the ER so she could have a Popsicle. That is absurd. So sorry everyone has been sick, and that stupid stuff like that happens.
I am so sorry for you! What a horrible experience. Hopefully your little one will get better soon and your whole family will feel better.
That is just crazy. Sadie has been throwing up all morning too. I hate the smell! So far Eli is okay. I hope yours all get better soon. I'm off to wash another puked on load of laundry.
Amy
call the hospital & ask to talk to someone in charge, inform them of all the "information" aka gossip you over heard AND if you have too threaten to sew. that baby needs to drink something anything. heck i'll call them if you want that makes me soo mad. m
Poor baby girl. I hope she feels better. Let me know if you need anything.
Doesn't it make you wonder why people go in to professions like that if they don't want to help people? It's a good thing you have good insurance but $25 is still a lot of money for a popsicle.
Post a Comment