We took the kids to Knott's Berry Farm today and everyone had a blast. It wasn't crowded at all, and it was great weather.
We started the day in the kiddy section, Zach loved the air mail, airplanes, the bounce house, the school bus, and the push cart one...but he loved loved loved, the log ride, I mean I am assuming since we went on it 5 times in a row. ha ha. Zach and I sat in the front every time and were drenched. It was so funny though, because he was telling everyone how cool the ride was while we were standing in line, and he was telling everyone you have to sit in the front. He also thought it was funny when the robbers came on the big train and tried to rob it.
Ashlyn was so bummed out when she was just a hair too small for the air mail one. Next time...She liked the bounce house, and they almost had to go in after her. Her least favorite was the log ride, because it was scary she said and she didn't like being wet. She would get all excited to go on it every time, then the 3rd time she said I don't ever want to do that again, it scares me. Ha Ha Her all time favorite of the day is going to be a big shocker to everyone......the FOOD!!! She ate and ate and ate. her favorite food was the FUN Cake that her daddy bought for her (funnel cake!)
Mady was able to ride the School bus and was having a great time, then she was able to go on the train ride with everyone, and loved the carousel. She didn't make a peep all day. Just watched everyone play. she was so good.
Before lunch we decided to go and ride La Revolucion. My mom, Wil and I wanted to ride it, my mom said to her dad, we are going to go on this one real fast okay, and his response was let's do it. Ha Ha So props to Great Grandpa who is 89 and went on it. It was hilarious because his hair was standing up straight when he came off the ride and he couldn't hardly walk. I had to stop him and take a picture. That was the end of his riding until later he tried the log ride and went on the train, that was it for Great Grandpa, but what a trooper. And thanks for the yummy lunch!!!
I forgot how fun it was to go on roller coaster's with my mom. she just giggles and screams. It is so funny!!! My mom and I even took off for about 30 minutes and we went on Sierra sidewinder, and the bullet. We both loved them and decided that camera's taking your picture in the middle of a roller coaster ride is a bad idea...for us at least. Sierra sidewinder has a little web cam type thing attached to every cart and that was pretty amusing to watch how we were on the whole ride. Ha Ha
We had a great day, and at about 6 we were trying to return the wheelchair that we rented for Great Grandpa and Ashlyn and Mady were out. The kids all slept the whole way home. Now that is the sign of a succesful day.
6 comments:
Grandpa's Hair cracks me up. I'm still laughing while I write this and talk to you on the phone at the same time. That's awesome that your kids had such a good time. Especially that Mady was good the whole time.
Haha your grandpa sounds so cool. I'm assuming Wil took all the pictures, because I didn't see him in any! Roller coasters are definitely a blast. I'm impressed that Zach loved the log ride, doesn't that have a decent size drop? I bet Ashlyn will love it in a few years too. Good to hear you all had a great day! Complete opposite of your trip to San Fran i think.
How fun! I'm looking forward to next year when I can actually ride the rides because I think the last time we went besides October(which I was pregnant) was in 2006 when we was you guys and we were both pregnant go figure! I love Knotts its my favorite!
So I know I already commented on this blog but I was looking at the pictures again and I was cracking up. The last picture with all of you but mom is cute but funny. There you are with your kids and dad standing by you. Then there's grandpa with his hand on Charlie Brown. It's like hey grandpa, who's the kid with the big head. ha ha Sorry maybe that's only extremely funny to me because it's midnight!
Better yet it looks like grandpa's looking down at your kids thinking, "Why is my kids head so dang big." ha ha sorry I'll stop.
So I told you I would stop but I can't help it. The 15th picture down, I think, it looks like Mady's about to pull grandpa's finger and it's like, "No Mady don't do it!"
Post a Comment