Sunday, November 16, 2008

Cake Time





Well we try and do some type of dessert on Sunday that the kids can help make. I bought a cake pan that makes 6 little cakes that are Christmas trees and gingerbread men. I let Zach and Ashlyn help make the cake mix, then I let them decorate their own cake. Ashlyn always sticks on a big glob of frosting and then can't wait to mutulate it by eating it and making a huge mess. Zach on the other hand, he did a gingerbread man and he frosted the top of it with white frosting, then chocolate frosting to give the gingerbread man some hair, eyebrows, and then m&m's for the eyes and nose, and a tootsie roll for the mouth. He is so into detail it is funny. Then he took a couple bites and was like thanks mom, that was fun. You can tell by the pictures that Zach is still not 100% better, but he is getting there.

3 comments:

Brandon, Heather & Mylie said...

How fun and creative! Good idea. Hope no one else gets sick!

Anonymous said...

that sounds fun for them. Is Ashlyns sore finger wrapped up? I need to come visit again for some good cookin!

Anonymous said...

How come we didn't make any good treats while I was there?