Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Let it snow!!!!



















Zach loves the snow. We went to Utah last January and we just so happened to drive up to N. Ogden on a day they got 6 ft of snow. Zach, Ashlyn, and Wil went out and made a huge snowman at Wil's sisters house. Zach has talked about it ever since and tells us all the time when it snows here we can build another snowman. We always just say ya, ya ok. Well Zach woke up this morning and said oh mom it's just like I dreamed it would be. Ha Ha He was so excited to get all bundled up and go out there. Luckily I went out monday night and bought beanies and gloves for the kids. Everyone was all in pj's, then shirt and jeans, then warm up pants and two jackets, gloves, 2 pair of socks, and a beanie. Mady was in a big winter coat too. I took mady and laid her in the snow. I mean we live in Hesperia...it isn't like she is going to see snow very often. She was not impressed at all! She lasted outside like 10 seconds, then she played inside while Zach, Ashlyn and I made two snowmen. Ha Ha We had to make a second one because Zach said I cheated and made the first one too small. Oops that was just the mommy that doesn't like the snow and wanted to go back inside. Ha Ha Zach would just squat, he didn't want to sit or kneel in the snow he kept saying it is so cold and it is going down my back. Ha Ha Ashlyn threw herself in the snow and tried to make a snow angel. It was pretty funny. They were outside for a long time, then the kids got all their wet clothes off in the entry way...you can tell how much clothing they all had on. Then it was straight to the bath. Afterwards we had pancakes for breakfast at 11:15am then they laid down and watched polar express while Mady took a nap. Now that's my idea of a snow day. Hope that you are all enjoying the weather like we are and have a very merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous. My only brag for the day is that I got one level on my Death Knight, which means absolutely nothing to you, haha. Yeah, Mady didn't look like she was having fun! But Zach & Ashlyn did. That's a fun time for sure. Couldn't it have snowed a week from today though? grrrr...

Amy said...

Holy cow that is a lot of snow...especially for California. At least your kids had fun playing in it, for the most part. It's amazing how much fun the snow is when you don't have to be the one driving in it. Cool snowman. Did you use candy for the mouth?

Valerie Smith said...

Wow - maybe one day we can get the same here in Fresno - Ashlee would love it. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun though.

Ashley said...

I do have a friend that sells those beanies--

http://www.custombraceletsandhairbows.citymax.com/basics.html

I haven't found them cheaper anywhere and she has a ton of cute stuff.

Sarah said...

I can't believe it! It looks so cool Drew is sad and asked if we could go there and play in the snow with Zack.

Brandon, Heather & Mylie said...

How Fun! I wish I was as adventurous as you guys! :) I'm a wuss-I'd rather be inside! haha