Sunday, January 4, 2009

Vegas Trip





















We had a lot of fun this weekend in Las Vegas. We went to my niece Alyssa's baptism. My brother Greg and sister in law Brendi let me stay at their house with them since I was flying solo this weekend with the kids. Wil was in Barstow working all weekend. We love that daddy works so hard for all of us. We missed him though! We had lots of pizza, brownies, and late night laughs...thanks guys! We took several pictures and some how mine all got deleted from the memory card. 1285 pictures to be exact. Yeah at least I blog so I had downloaded everything including Christmas pictures...So I just lost all the pictures from Friday and Saturday really... We hung out at the house all day friday, then friday night we went to our all time favorite, peter piper pizza...yummy! Anyone who grew up in the BLACK Family line knows about their pizza! The kids all had a blast playing games and winning tickets to get prizes. Zach got a dinosaur skeleton and Ashlyn got a big jewel ring. She went up to Aunt Jamie and said hey Jamie...my ring is bigger then yours. HaHaHa! She has such a fun personality. Saturday was Alyssa's big day. Amy gave a talk, Kim sang a beautiful song, and I gave the closing prayer! It was nice, then back to the house for food and to visit. After people started leaving we went to the neighborhood park and took pictures of all the grandkids, (we haven't had a new one in 2 1/2 years and we had 3 more kids to add to the picture! then we took the kids to see BOLT! My kids for the second time. They loved it. Ashlyn said oh this is my favorite movie (When it started) Two minutes later I looked at her and she had crashed sitting up watching the show. she slept through the whole thing! It was great! (For those of you who know Ashlyn...she doesn't sit still through movies at all, even with the popcorn and M & M's) Zach loved going to the movies with all his cousins. Mady slept in her car seat through most of it too. Then back to the house visiting and then Saturday night I took pictures of the kids. The older cousins put on a rock show and the younger cousins got to tear tickets and make the tickets to sell us. Zach was just a little upset that he wasn't big enough to perform, but the kids had a blast in the end. They named their band the Dudes and the Dudette's. Ha Ha It was a concert that had two songs! This morning we got up, went and met Dad and Mom, and Steve's family for breakfast at Coco's. It was delicious. I was going to just leave and drive home with me an the three kids alone, but am really glad that I changed my mind and went to breakfast, because 1 mile before state line my mom goes Angie it sounds like there is a helicopter right over us. I said I think its the road, it just got rough right here...Then tire started shooting all over the road and I was like um no IT'S MY TIRE!!! Yes...we have bought 3 new tires already...were going to buy a fourth one on friday when Wil gets paid...now we will get it earlier because it is the one that blew on the way home. We were going 80 and were very lucky that we were able to get off the road without hurting anyone. My dad and I were trying to get our little jack to work and it is crappy, we had been trying for like 30 minutes when all of a sudden this guy pulled up. He was a freeway emergency guy. It is his job to go around helping people who have car trouble and things like that. We were very lucky that he was prepared for our massive blow out tire. He had it changed in like 30 minutes and even put air in our spare tire. THANK YOU GUY WHO SAVED US SERIOUSLY!!!! We made it home and were so glad to see the DADDY! (Also thanks MOM for letting me download your pictures so I had something to show for the weekend other then a blow out tire! HA HA HA! Sorry for picture overload on this one...we had a lot of fun!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like a great time! hahaha David's beard is like BAM. awesome. haha.
I'm not suprised about the tire! its just your luck. only needed to change three and then boom, goes the fourth one.
I'm glad you all had a great time and made it home safe!

Amy said...

I didn't realize until I looked at all those pictures that it really was a jammed packed weekend. It was a lot of fun. Especially because it's not too often that all of us kids get together. I'm sorry that Wil had to work though. I'm sorry about your tire but I'm thankful that you're all okay. Sounds like you handled getting off the road really well. I was really good to see your kids, it just seems like we never get to see them for very long. I love all of you guys and Mady is the cutest little thing ever!!

Kristi said...

Ugh, I hate tire problems. We have had our fair share because we live on a dirt road. I think we have gone through 20 tires since we have lived out here. I'm glad you guys made it back okay though!

Scott and Mandi said...

Wow! So glad you guys are okay! What a crazy weekend! I loved looking at all the pictures!

WChaddock said...

Your pictures are really cute, I hope that you won some money while you were in Vegas.

Cindy said...

Hey Angie, Sorry about the tire problems. Not fun at all, but good idea for Enrichment topic. Our theme, as you know, is be prepared...how perfect!