I am going to brag for a minute. Wil and I went with my parents and the kids back to vegas this last weekend for my niece Lexi's gymnastics competition. We had to have the kids up and ready to leave Greg's house by 6:45 in the morning, but it was well worth it. She did really good. There were 103 girls competing and teams from more than 25 states. Lexi took 6th place in the vault and beam, 2nd place in the uneven bars with a 9.10, and got an 8.550 on the floor routine even though she didn't place in it. She took 6th overall out of the 103 girls. Her gym took 4th overall out of all the teams. Way to go Olympus Gymnastics! We were so impressed with her. She has been doing gymnastics for like 7 years. Zach told her that she did so good she should get a trophy...I tried telling him that the gymnasts get medals...he said thats dumb. Ha Ha Ha They charged a lot of money for everyone to get in in hopes that people would leave their kids at home...well that backfired. My kids have a nice daddy that bought them nachos and a large sprite to help pass the time and they were sitting on folding chairs that Ashlyn leaned on while eating a big tray of nachos and nachos and sprite went flying everywhere...ha ha ha ha ha I was laughing so hard. It took us like 45 minutes to clean it up! Mady stayed awake for the whole 3 1/2 hour meet, then fell asleep during awards.
It was my nephew Spencer's birthday the 16th as well, so I made him a cake last minute. He is really into basketball. He wanted Chocolate cake with Chocolate frosting, so this is what I came up with. Happy 6th Birthday Spencer we love you!
We took the kids to Excalibur and let them run around and play the arcade games. Ashlyn won a little backpack and Zach won a bear. We went to the one where you pay $2 for one basketball and one chance to make a basket and win a prize. Spencer is really good at basketball. the lady looked at us and laughed and said good luck and it went in nothing but net...ha ha it was so funny!
We left in the afternoon on Saturday and we stopped at Peggy Sue's diner in Yermo, CA. The food was just so so, but my kids loved going out back to the diner saur park. We took some pictures so I would have something to show from the weekend. I put Mady on the little tortoise and she freaked out, shaking, screaming, digging into my skin. Wil and I thought it was pretty funny though! Ha Ha
Those are some of the highlights of our weekend. We had a lot of fun. My camera is still freaking out so here are a few pictures that my mom took. Sorry the camera is fuzzy, no flash allowed and so the camera wouldn't work well.
4 comments:
I've never heard of peggy sue's, that sounds like a cool place. grats to your niece! that's so cool! and your nephew sounds like a basketball star in the making. looks like you guys had a good trip. glad to hear it!
What a fun time in Vegas! That's awesome that Lexi is so good! Your kids are adorable, by the way! :)
I like how Wil said he's hardly going to wear that jersey he got for Christmas but it's funny how every blog you post he's wearing the jersey. hehe just thought it was funny.
I just wanted to let you know we sure do miss Ashlyn in nursery (here in Fresno). She was our favorite. We hope your family is doing well.
I'll let Bev Przbyla know I saw your family blog.
Sister Khoury
Post a Comment