Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mady's Birthday week!































Well Mady officially turned 1 last saturday, but we have been partying ever since. We had cupcakes and opened presents with grandma and grandpa on Sunday. She just barely licked the frosting, then she was done. She got a cute little purse that talks and sings, and a little mailbox that sings. She loves them both! Then we left monday for vacation. We had a family party with two of my brothers, my sister, and their families, and Wil's brother Jes. We did a monkey party since mady is our little monkey. It was fun! We had a pinata, and cupcakes. We watched mady barely touch her cake again. She doesn't like the way it feels on her hands, but she likes the taste of it. Then she opened presents, she got a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse book, a shape sorter, clothes, a turtle that sings, and my sister-in-law bought her something she already had, so she took it back and said that she didn't know what to give her, I had her give her the little green monkey blanket that is from Target's dollar section, she didn't want to because she thought she wouldn't care about it, but it is actually her favorite gift. ha ha ha. Then today we had another birthday party with Wil's sisters. Another pinata and another monkey cake and cupcakes. I made the cupcakes look like balloons that the monkey was holding. The cake on Wen. turned out great, the one on Thur. not so much, but oh well! Mady opened her gifts and got a little kitty that shakes it's tail when you push a button, then she got the cutest tankini and matching sandals, an elmo jack in the box, and an animal parade toy. Mady had a lot of fun opening the presents, she wasn't the biggest fan of getting shoved in her birthday cake, or having everyone sing to her...it kind of scared her!!!! We love our little mady monkey.

9 comments:

Brandon, Heather & Mylie said...

What a lucky girl! Sounds like she's had a big week! She is super cute!

The Lyon Family said...

That little Mady is too cute. I love the pink crown, did someone make it? And the monkey cake was awesome! You're so talented.

Anonymous said...

Haha you know how when you leave a comment on someone's page it makes you type that word verification thing? This time, it says "Wally" in it. Waaaaalllliii. Okay, anyways! Wow, I don't know how you made so many cakes. I don't blame Mady, I don't like having my face shoved in cakes either hahaha. Looks like fun, you guys got to see just about everyone! Still can't believe Mady is 1 already. Craziness.

Nicole said...

Mady has gotten so big! And she's cute as ever! I checked out your vinyl blog--way cute stuff! I will definitely be getting in touch with you about getting some!

Haley said...

My boys are begging me to make cupcakes after seeing the scrumptous cake and balloon cupcakes. That is too adorable.

Happy Birthday Mady!

Kara said...

Your kids are so cute Angie! I love, love, love her red hair. My mom is still holding out for a red headed grand child. It's good to see you guys.

srldesign said...

Mady is sooo cute! She looked like she had a lot of fun...love the cake as well!

WChaddock said...

I love the cake and mady is so big, I can't believe that she is 1 already. She is so cute. I love the hat.

Edie and Luke said...

She is so cute! The monkey cake is adorable! And I love how she fits in the sink to take a bath!