Sunday, February 1, 2009
Poor Zach
I took all three kids in last monday to their Dr. and they were given an antibiotic and Robitussin for their sore throat and bad cough...I thought that they were getting over it, then Zach went to bed at about 9:30 last night, about 20 minutes later he came out screaming it hurts. He was rubbing his ear, he screamed until 2:00 in the morning this morning, then I took him to the ER after we had tried a few remedy's at home. We were way down on the list since it was just an ear ache. We both about fell asleep waiting for our turn. We saw the Dr. at 4:30 and he told me that he couldn't believe Zach wasn't still screaming...he has red blisters all on his ear drum. Both ears are infected too. Poor kid had to have tylenol with codene too, to stop the pain. We have him on a different antibiotic now, plus cough meds, ear drops and tylenol for the pain. He seems to be doing better, but they want him to stay inside for a couple of days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Zach! I can't believe he had all that in is ear :( So I guess it's my turn so Dean will probably be the next one for that.
oh my gosh! Poor guy. Hope he's feeling better soon
Wow! That sounds utterly painful - the blister in the ear and waiting overnight in an ER. I hope Zach's already on the mend.
That sucks. I hate it when kids are sick. Tell Wil congrats on the Super Bowl, but next year the Raiders are gonna kick their @$$ back to Pennsylvania. ;p We wish we could have been there, Lexi was still a little warm so we sat at home and watched.
I hate it when the kids get sick! I would much rather take it. I wish we would have known you would be at Disneyland. We were totally there pretty much all last week. The weather was awesome!
Poor Zach is a perfect title for this. I hope he is getting better! Thank goodness for 24 hour ER's
Poor little guy! I hate the ER. I hope he's feeling better.
Your kids are so cute in their Steelers stuff!
Owwey - We hope he gets better soon. I can't even imagine how painful that must be for the little guy.
I'm so sorry you sound like what has been going on with us. William too has a full blown ear infection along with other stuff. Good luck
poor guy! and no lincoln isnt walking yet, thank goodness!
I'm sorry,that sucks big time.I've never heard of blisters in the ear before. Hadlee is sick right now, she has ear infections in both ears too, hopefuly not blisters though. She's been crying so much her voice is gone.She's on lots of meds too. It sucks when kids are sick.
I can not believe that he got blisters in his ear. That's scary and sounds extremely painful to me. This winter has definitely been really full of sickness!
Post a Comment