Well Wil and I have been married for 6 1/2 years and we have lived several different places and worked for several different companies. In the beginning of our marriage we had what you would call bad luck with employers. They would hire Wil and then just stop paying their employees...later to go bankrupt. We struggled for a while, but 3 years ago tomorrow Wil started working for the railroad and we love it. Wil really likes who he is working with. He does electrical stuff, fixes and maintains switches, gates, crossings, etc. He works very hard for our family so that I can stay home with the kids and we love him so much. We have made this cake making a tradition because our whole world is obviously all about the trains...My kids and I make Wil a train cake every year now to celebrate a consistant job and pay check. Zach and Ashlyn made their own train cakes this year, mady even helped sprinkle on some sprinkles...Ashlyn and Zach enjoyed eating candy, cupcakes, and frosting while helping decorate, I think it put Ashlyn into a sugar comma...she went in the other room and crashed hard...Ha Ha!!! The red licorice stick figure is what zach did all by himself of daddy riding on his train. (Zach really thinks that his daddy drives the train. Trust me there is no telling him anything different) It was a lot of fun and a big mess in the end. We love you WIL!!!!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
3 YEARS!!!!
Well Wil and I have been married for 6 1/2 years and we have lived several different places and worked for several different companies. In the beginning of our marriage we had what you would call bad luck with employers. They would hire Wil and then just stop paying their employees...later to go bankrupt. We struggled for a while, but 3 years ago tomorrow Wil started working for the railroad and we love it. Wil really likes who he is working with. He does electrical stuff, fixes and maintains switches, gates, crossings, etc. He works very hard for our family so that I can stay home with the kids and we love him so much. We have made this cake making a tradition because our whole world is obviously all about the trains...My kids and I make Wil a train cake every year now to celebrate a consistant job and pay check. Zach and Ashlyn made their own train cakes this year, mady even helped sprinkle on some sprinkles...Ashlyn and Zach enjoyed eating candy, cupcakes, and frosting while helping decorate, I think it put Ashlyn into a sugar comma...she went in the other room and crashed hard...Ha Ha!!! The red licorice stick figure is what zach did all by himself of daddy riding on his train. (Zach really thinks that his daddy drives the train. Trust me there is no telling him anything different) It was a lot of fun and a big mess in the end. We love you WIL!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
you should make Wil a "3 years of WoW" cake =]
Hey so I didn't know that I could even post a comment if I didn't have my own blog. The trains turned out cute. That made a whole lot of trains! I'm so excited to be there for Halloween.
I love this, how fun. You are much too creative!
Post a Comment