Tuesday, April 14, 2009
My favorite place to be...the ER
So yesterday my mom and I had planned to go to a movie when she got home from work and we had a babysitter all lined up...thanks Lizzie. Well I went to lunch for mommy & me with a bunch of other girls from the ward. While I was sitting there I started to not feel so good. I started getting a sharp pain in my stomach. I blew it off and went about my afternoon. I took the kids to Target to get snack food for our road trip we were supposed to go on today...(yeah it didn't happen today) So then we got home and luckily Mady went to sleep in the car and slept until right before my mom got off work. Zach and Ashlyn were really good just playing. I just sat in my room pretty much doubled over hoping that the pain would subside, but no luck. So when my mom got home we went to the Urgent Care instead of dinner and a movie. We were there an hour, then when they got a urine sample and examined me they put me in a wheel chair and sent us to the ER. We were there forever. We got back in a room around 7:30 or 8, then we didn't get home until almost 5 this morning. They did another urine sample, drew lots of blood, did an ultrasound, a cat scan, and then finally a pelvic exam. It turns out that I have an infection inside my filopian tubes. Yeah...so that's what was causing the sharp intense pain all day. Who knows what that all means, but they had me so drugged up at the hospital, they also gave me an antibiotic in my IV, I won't have the exact results for 5 days, but I was sent home with two different pain meds and I have been staying doped up all day so that I can get some much needed rest. my mom has been great dealing with the kids and Jillian came and got Zach for Preschool. Thanks to everyone who helped out. And to Jamie, I owe you big time for sleeping at my house last night with my kids. You were so sweet to stay with them. I will be totally fine, just in a lot of pain!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That sounds terrible. Let me know if I can do anything to help out.
You know, I ended up with a horrible bladder infection last week, but antibiotics have not helped. I hate girlie problems. Hopefully you feel better soon.
yikes! Sounds scary!!
Angie! I hope you have a super-quick recovery - rest and feel better soon- We'll miss you today in Fresno.
I feel so bad because I didn't know you were going through that! thanks so much for coming last night! Let me know if I can do anything for you! Talk to you soon!
Yikes! That sucks. Hope you feel better soon.
Post a Comment