Saturday, August 9, 2008

San Francisco Trip

Click to play San Francisco
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

This was going to be so fun. We have never been to San Francisco before and where Wil works during the week is like 40 miles away. We thought why not??? So we got up and ate breakfast in Oakley. We loaded up the car and I went into Kmart and bought an umbrella stroller so all the kids could ride in the strollers. We got to the BART system at like 10:45 am tried to figure out how it works buying tickets...we were both confused. The BART experience was good except for the fact that the ladies down front at our hotel told us to get off at the Civic Center exit and we would be like 5 blocks from Fisherman's Wharf. We rode the BART for an hour, then we got off in the most ghetto part of San Francisco. It was so dirty and every elevator we went in to get up to the street and back to the BART Zach said why does it smell so bad in here. It smelled like homeless people kept peeing in the elevator so Wil and I said don't touch ANYTHING...We asked someone which way to Fisherman's Wharf and it turned out it wasn't a 5 minute walk, but a 5 mile walk...so we did up the crazy hills of San Francisco. Well once we got off the BART we realized the kids were going to freeze there so we went in the first store that had kids clothes and it just so happened to be baby GAP. i don't shop there store normally unless it is on sale. Well for 3 pants and 3 sweatshirts and a pair of socks for Mady we spent over $130 (Wil and I decided to freeze all day, we spent so much on kids clothes that was not in the plan...) then we were on our long hike...When we got to Fisherman's wharf we decided to try a nice restaurant and we didn't care for it at all. Our tab was $85 and that was with me ordering just a caesar salad and zach and ashlyn split a hotdog...It didn't taste very good to anyone. Oh well...That was at pier 47 then we walked back to pier 39 and that is where we spent most of our time. It was fun, we had yummy mini donuts and ice cream on the pier. When we walked to the end of the pier to see the sea lions zach's shoe fell off and just then I walked by to kick it into the ocean...Zach threw a fit because apparently those were his most favorite flip flops ever...yes, then we got to go to another gap that was right by the pier and dropped another $40 on shoes and socks to hold on the shoes that were a little big...yeah all the money we spent was basically at the gap...not really a tourist attraction if you ask me...So then we wait in line for a taxi. (We were not walking 5 miles back at this point. The kids loved the taxi...Ashlyn kept trying to open the door and zach was bumping into everyone. Ashlyn of course took her shoes off, so when we got out of the taxi I had Ashlyn grab her shoes and she didn't want to wear her shoes, she just wanted to hold them...(yes bad idea we know) Well we walked about 10 minutes to get to the BART and right as we got there Wil said Ashlyn where is your other shoe. The famous Ashlyn reply I DON'T KNOW!!!! Grrr so mommy goes on a shoe hunt. Luckily we found it. Since she had just gotten her new shoes last week. Then we went looking for a bathroom to use for an hour. I finally went into this fancy hotel walked up to the counter in front of all these people and said I am sorry but my 4 year old has had to go to the bathroom for about an hour. We have to use your bathroom...They let us. Now it was time to get back on the BART. Fine ride back too, a little crowded though for the kids that got a second burst of energy. We got in our car in Pittsburg and I got sick on the side of the road because I had a migraine...fun stuff. Then we dropped Wil off in Oakley and got his work truck and i followed him to Modesto, then we drove to Merced and dropped off more stuff at work, then we got home at 11:30. We ordered a pizza on our way home to have delivered since we didn't have dinner yet. Looking back at it our day was fun and eventful, however yesterday living it was a different story.

2 comments:

Jillian said...

classic! gotta love those trips. I feel like I have those umm pretty much every time we travel now :)

The Lyon Family said...

Hay Angie, I got your gift. I love it, it's so cute. Thank you so much. We can't wait for this little girl to come. Only 13 more days or sooner I hope.