



My sweet little girl Ashlyn is 4 years old today. WOW to think about where we were at in our lives while I was pregnant with her...We started in West Valley, UT then a few months into the pregnancy moved in with Wil's parents because Wil got his job he has now with the railroad, then a week before I had this sweet girl we moved to our own place in Visalia....WE loved our ward and all of our friends there! Ashlyn was having a hard time wanting to stay for 40 weeks...at about 34 wks I started having complications that kept me in the hospital for several days at a time. We got her to 37 weeks exactly and it was time to induce. I remember driving up to the hospital in the early morning...so excited to finally see my little girl. My mom was there to entertain Zach. We got to the hospital at 6:00am and Ashlyn was born at 3:30p.m. For a few weeks before her delivery I kept telling the Dr. that something wasn't right and she needed to be born. They finally did it after I made the Dr. sign a paper stating that he would take her on this specific day. Our doctor said well you are only a 5 so I am going to go back across the st. to my office and I'll be back in a couple of hours. About 20 minutes later I told Wil that I needed the nurse. She called the Dr. to tell him to come back to the hospital it was time...they said that he was in his car driving back over and the light was out so he was stuck behind about 40 cars at this now 4 way stop...I remember saying this baby is coming out whether he is here or not....he walked in and literally caught the baby. When Ashlyn was delivered the Dr. Said it was a good thing we took her when we did...your placenta was about dead and had holes all over...I was thinking I tried to tell you! We are so blessed that she was born so healthy and she is such a fun spirited girl that we love very much. Happy Birthday to my sweet Ashlyn girl!
1 comment:
Oh girl, I can tell you some doctor stories! Why they never listen to us is beyond me. My placenta with Violet was coming out in pieces after I told them something was wrong! Do they ever listen to mommies...no! I'm glad she got here safe and sound. She sure is a cutie!
Post a Comment