From the moment Ashlyn was born she has been a little girlie that HAD to have a blanket with her at all times. She liked to grip her blanket while she sucked her thumb. When I was pregnant with Ashlyn everytime they did an ultrasound my sweet little girl had her thumb in her mouth;) She used baby blankets for a while, then when she was old enough to crawl she stole Zach's old ratty blanket. We got tired of her carrying around a red and blue ratty blankie and so we asked Ashlyn if she wanted to ask SANTA for a NEW blanket that was just for her. Her reply...YESSSSS!!! So when Christmas of 09 came around, Ashlyn opened her first present and it just so happened to be a purple HANNAH MONTANA blanket that (Mrs. Clause) made just for Ashlyn. Ashlyn was so in love with this blanket that we couldn't even get her to open more presents right then...She instead grabbed her blanket and went and slept on the couch by daddy.
Ashlyn still to this day carries that blanket with her everywhere, and this can cause a little bit of drama at bedtime when we can't find it...Usually mommy or daddy can find it pretty quickly! Last night was A LOT different. We looked everywhere in the house 3 times...it was nowhere to be found and Ashlyn was hysterical. I couldn't let my poor sweet girl go to bed so upset. So I used this as a teaching opportunity for Ashlyn and myself. I explained to her that when we have done all that we can do to try and find something...we can kneel down and say a little prayer that Heavenly Father will help us to find it. Within about a minute of closing our prayer we looked in the toy room for like the 4th time and it just happened to be hiding inside the train table. Ashlyn lit up with excitement when she found her blanket...instantly stopped crying and went to sleep.
1 comment:
I'm glad she was able to have an experience like that. Prayer is amazing and I'm thankful we have the knowledge that we can turn to our Heavenly Father ANYTIME. :0)
Post a Comment