Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Ashlyn's 5th Birthday Party

What a fun day...I LOVE that I have little girlies that love to have fun girlie parties.  Ashlyn follows in Zach's footsteps by asking for very particular things as far as the cake goes.  This year she wanted a Hannah Montana party.  She wanted a two tier cake, one that was chocolate and one that was rainbow cake.  It turned out ok...not my favorite cake I've done, but it will do!  Ashlyn loved being in the kitchen watching me make the cake and decorate it.
We have been celebrating her birthday all week.  Sunday we took little cupcakes to her primary class at church, then monday we took cupcakes to her dance class, today cake for the party and I still need to frost the cupcakes that she wants to take to preschool tomorrow.
Ashlyn is such a fun little girl who loves the most random little things.  SOCKS from the dollar bin at target is like hitting the jackpot for Ashlyn.  My mom knows this and always pulls through with some really cool socks for her, this year her favorites....SMURFS!
Wil and I decided it was time to get our sweet girlie a big girl bike!!!  She was so excited;)
Here are some pictures from the party today.
Ashlyn 5
Hannah Montana cake
Our fireplace all decked out in hannah montana posters
Lots of little kiddos jumping on the trampoline
Ashlyn's cousin Hannah drawing what she thinks hannah montana looks like...Ashlyn judged and picked the two best drawings.
Elle's drawing of Hannah Montana;)
Alexa's drawing of Hannah Montana
Lexi's Hannah Montana drawing
Kloey's Hannah Montana drawing was one of the winners
Then we came in and did a freeze dance listening to hannah montana songs
Ashlyn is so funny at freeze dance she doesn't get wild at all because she knows she won't be able to stop
This is the big sister of one of the girls we invited and she held nate the whole party...even got him to sleep at the end...I wish I had a kid old enough to do that...lol
Ashlyn blowing out the candles
Party favor bags...before the pinata busted and the kids filled them with candy...the pinata was really cute high heel shoe that was pink and purple, I guess my camera didn't take a good picture of it, oh well.  It was only hit a couple of times, and it busted open!

Ashlyn's friend Lana bought her this princess book with paint stuff, she loved it!
Clothes, her friend Kloey, Alexa, Kellen, and Azure gave her these...her face says it alL!
She was all pumped about the hannah montana bag and the cute hair bows that were on the bag;)
grandma Blackwell knows what she likes, she got her the littlest pet shop toy, some clothes, and some cute socks, and a puzzle

I just love how EVERYONW is right in her face while she is opening this...
Ashlyn so excited to see what we got her
That is one happy girl who is going to be 5 tomorrow...WE LOVE YOU ASHLYN!;)

2 comments:

srldesign said...

It's looks like they had a lot of fun, great job on the cake too! You rock! ;-)

Amy said...

Looks like she had a great birthday. The bike looks like it was a really big hit. I didn't know you were getting her one. I did turn in our RSVP card so I guess we'll be seeing you next month! HOLLA!